Leadership Rabun is a program designed to develop the current and emerging leadership potential existing in our community. The program brings together individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences who have a demonstrated a talent and commitment to leadership. Through the Leadership program, these individuals have an unprecedented opportunity to increase their awareness of today’s social and economic changes and their impact on our community.
The program will:
- Identify promising leaders from the various geographic, ethnic, occupational and economic segments of Rabun County.
- Provide programs and information on issues and problems of the region by using the perspectives and skills of local leaders engaged in addressing those items today.
- Build a network of current and former participants to expand the range of associations for each member and provide mechanisms to maintain these connections in the future.
- Develop and foster a higher degree of civic and community involvement by participants.
Leadership Rabun is an exciting and unique opportunity for those selected for the program. Once a month, from September to February participants will attend full day seminars on specific high priority topics, and put those skills to use by participating in a class project addressing an area of community concern.
- Communication Skills
- Partnerships, Diversity
- Values & Ethical Choices
- Coalition Building
- Leadership Styles
- Team Building
Understanding Our Community
- History of Rabun County
- Human Needs & Services
- Justice System
- Local, Regional & Georgia Government
- Environment, Quality of Life
- Education, Media
- Community Planning
Area businesses, public and private agencies, civic and other organizations are asked to identify and support persons with leadership potential for the Leadership Rabun program. Candidates for Leadership Rabun must be interested in the future of Rabun County and be committed to personal involvement in shaping its future. Candidates not selected for the current year's program will be encouraged to re-apply for the program in subsequent years, as our program size is limited. Tuition for Leadership Rabun is $475 and may be paid by the candidate, the candidate's firm or organization, or by a contributed scholarship.